Saturday, November 26, 2011

Poetry Prompt #80 - Who Would You Be?



Have you ever thought about changing roles with someone or just being able to live someone else's life? Have you ever thought about becoming someone other than yourself? If you could become anyone (alive, dead, fictional), who would you be? 

This week, step out of your skin, become someone else, and write a poem about it.

Some things to consider before writing:
  • Who am I?
  • Who am I meant to be?
  • Who would I like to be?
  • Who would I choose to be if I could become someone else?

Alternative ideas for this week:
  • Write a poem about a poem that you’d like to “inhabit” (enter a poem, become part of that poem by writing about changing places with a character from it).
  • Write about becoming a character in a song or a movie.
  • Write about becoming the subject of a famous sculpture or a famous painting.  (Ever wonder what life would be like for the woman in DaVinci’s “Mona Lisa” or what the Venus de Milo might be like if she were flesh and blood instead of stone? What would you be like if you were the Mona Lisa or Venus de Milo?)
  • Write from the perspective of your avatar, doppelgänger, or alter ego.
  • Write about why you don’t wish to change places with someone else.


6 comments:

  1. Just the right kind of challenge, Adele! Thanks for another great prompt!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just saw the sidebar post about your new puppy! He's absolutely GORGEOUS!

    I'm so very happy for both of you! I remember your sad post about little Bijou earlier this month. There's nothing that helps heal the grief of loss better than a new puppy!

    I wish you both much love, long life, and wonderful times together!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely of you, Jamie. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw the sidebar post about your new puppy! I love Yorkies and am told we have some very fine show Yorkies here in Ireland. What a beautiful breed!

    My very best to you, Adele, and to your little Bijou Chaucer!

    Máire Ó Cathail (Ireland)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Maire! Chaucey is a little treasure! His breeder told me that some of the finest Yorkies are being bred in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete