Saturday, July 13, 2019

Happy Summer!


Happy summer, everyone!

There’s a lot going on behind the blog this summer, and I’m happy to share with you that my next book, a collection of prose poems, has been accepted for publication by Welcome Rain Publishers (who did What Matters and A Lightness, A Thirst, or Nothing at All). Like the first two, the new book will be hard bound with a dust jacket. It will also contain some surprise features that I haven’t seen done before. The most exciting part is that production is moving along quickly: there’s a preliminary design for the front cover and, last night, I received the first pass text proofs.

And so, after just completing a manuscript preparation process for an especially gifted poet whom I coach privately, I now have to begin the task of proofreading my own book. It’s all wonderful but, as always, a little daunting at the same time. 
 
Other happy news is the publication of A Constellation of Kisses (edited by Diane Lockward and published by Terrapin Books). This collection of poems by dozens of distinguished poets is all about kisses: first and last kisses, hello and goodbye kisses, wanted and unwanted kisses, hot and cold kisses, unforgettable kisses, and many more. (One of my poems is included!) 

Check out the gorgeous cover!

I urge you to order now (in addition to being a great read and addition to your personal library, this book is a perfect gift for the special “kissers” in your lives (parents, boyfriends, girlfriends, partners, spouses, Valentines—anyone who has kissed and been kissed). 

With the new book demanding careful attention this summer, along with editorial duties for Tiferet’s upcoming autumn “Borders” issue, and planning an ekphrastic poetry retreat for September 28th (click here for retreat info), I’ve decided to take a brief hiatus during the last two weeks of this month and through August.

During that time, there are hundreds of prompts for you to explore, interesting articles, ideas and insights from a variety of poets, and lots of suggested reading in the blog archives. I hope you’ll take advantage of this time to discover and to write.
 



I wish you all a blessed, relaxing, healthy,
and very happy summer!

See you in September!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment